Named one of the “Top Cities in Texas” for business expansion by Texas Business and Outlook Magazine, Sugar Land is an affluent city, home to many master-planned communities and corporate headquarters.
- TOP SUBURB TO LIVE WELL:Listed in Forbes‘ list of Top Suburbs To Live Well in the Houston area and ranked third in CNN/Money and Money Magazine‘s list of “100 Best Cities to Live in the United States”, Sugar Land is one of the most affluent cities in the state and has experienced fast-paced growth over the past couple of decades.
- MASTER-PLANNED COMMUNITIES:Fort Bend County has the most number of master-planned communities in the country and Sugar Land is home to 13 of them. First Colony, Sugar Creek, and Riverstone are all located within the the city (and its extraterritorial jurisdiction). Each community offers distinct amenities and home options.
- BUSINESS AND EMPLOYMENT CENTERS:The Sugar Land Business Park, a 1,000-acre development near the northeast edge of the city, is home to several companies including Tramontina and Schlumberger. Other companies in the city include CVR Energy (Fortune 500), Fluor, NalcoChampion, Imperial Sugar Company, and Minute Maid, among others.
- INDEPENDENT CITY:Located around 22 miles southwest of downtown Houston, Sugar Land is an independent city. One of the fastest growing cities in Texas, it covers a 24.9-square mile area and has a council-manager type of government.
- GREAT AMENITIES:Sugar Land has more than 20,000 Yelp-rated commercial establishments. The city’s master-planned communities offer a variety of amenities, including retail centers, golf courses, lakes, parks, and hike-and-bike trails.
- TOP-RATED SCHOOLS:The Fort Bend Independent School District serves most of Sugar Land, while other homes are zoned to the Lamar Consolidated ISD. Some of the Best Schools in the Greater Houston area, including Dulles High, Clements High, Stephen F. Austin High, Brazos Bend Elementary, Campbell Elementary, and Colony Meadows Elementary serve students in the area.
- STEADY REAL ESTATE MARKET:Homes in Sugar Land have maintained strong property values in the past decade, with land values spiking recently. Continuing development in the city contributes to its steady real estate market.